Archives

Archives History
The McLennan County Archives is housed in the old Southwestern Bell Telephone Building at the corner of 9th street and Washington Ave. The original red brick, 3 story building was building in 1916 for the Texas Telephone Company. Southwestern Bell Telephone Company bought the building in 1928 and in the early 1950s, build a 2 story addition.
McLennan County Texas Seal
Viewable Materials
Materials available for research include:
  • County Clerk (indexes to records held in County Clerk office)
  • District Clerk - through 2007 (indexes to records held in District Clerk office)
  • Justices of the Peace Records
  • Sheriff and Constable Records (late 1800s - early 1900s)
  • Tax Office:
    • Assessor Abstract Books 1877-1878, 1880-1964
    • Old Tax Maps: City, County, Small Towns (1990 - present)
    • Tax rolls from 1878 to 1989
  • Various County Maps and Drawings
For your convenience, we have 2 research rooms and 2 conference tables available for viewing research materials.

Note: We are a locked facility. Ring doorbell for service.