Scott M. Felton is a lifelong resident of McLennan County and was raised on a ranch near the Elk Community. He retired as the President of Wells Fargo after 30 years. He has served in various capacities with numerous National, State and Local organizations. On October 1, 2012, he was appointed and began serving as the McLennan County Judge. He was then elected to a 4 year term in 2014 and was re-elected in 2019.
County Judge's Office
The Texas Constitution vests broad judicial and administrative powers in the position of County Judge, who presides over a five-member Commissioners Court, which has budgetary and administrative authority over county government operations.
The County Judge handles such widely varying matters as hearings for probate matters, hearings on admittance to state hospitals for the mentally ill and mentally retarded, temporary guardianships for special purposes and hearings for contested beer and wine license applications. The judge is also responsible for calling elections, posting election notices and for receiving and canvassing the election returns.
- How do I schedule an appointment with the County Judge's Office?
- How do I submit an Open Records Request to the County Judge’s Office?
- How does the Commissioners Court determine if a Burn Ban needs to be ordered for McLennan County?
- What is the difference between an Order Prohibiting the Outdoor Burning in the Unincorporated Areas of the County (Burn Ban) and the Red Flag Warning Burn Ban?
- Can an individual still use a barbecue if the County is under a Burn Ban?
- Board Member of Texas Workforce Solutions
- Board Member of the Waco Leadership Forum
- Chairman of the McLennan County Rural Transit District
- Chairman of the McLennan County Water Resource Group
- Chairman of the Waco-McLennan County Economic Development Corporation @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Director of the Waco Industrial Foundation
- Member of the Behavior Health Leadership Team
- Past President of the Heart of Texas Council of Governments
- Presiding Judge of the McLennan County Commissioners Court @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>