Human Resources Office
Herman "Butch" Kelly
McLennan County Records Building
214 N. 4th St., Suite 200
Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 757-5158
Job-line: (254) 757-5255
Fax: (254) 757-5073
Position: Hourly Detention Officer/Control Room
Vacancy Number: 15-10-8880-872
Department: Juvenile Probation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $12.00 Per Hour No benefits
Other than retirement
Opening Date October 2, 2014
Closing Date: Until Filled or Closed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Receives and documents incoming phone calls to the Juvenile Detention Center.
· Receives and documents radio communications from Detention Officers.
· Monitors video cameras for the facility
· Operate a computer based security console to engage and disengage electronic
doors in the facility.
· Be able to communicate effectively with facility staff and remain calm and in
control when speaking with persons in distress.
· Be able to work any shift on any day as assigned
Other duties: Must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Works in a secure correctional environment. Must be
able to sit for long periods of time. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical. Pre-employment and random drug testing is done.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Works mostly indoors in a cool and warm environment.
EDUCATION ~ SKILL ~ EXPERIENCE: Required - Must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. Must be able to use a computer keyboard and other related equipment. Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no criminal offenses above a Class C Misdemeanor.
To be considered, interested candidates must submit a McLennan County Departmental Application to the Human Resources Department. Not every applicant will be interviewed. Selected applicants will be notified and scheduled for interviews by the department responsible for hiring.