Human Resources Office
Amanda M. Talbert
McLennan County Records Building
214 N. 4th St., Suite 200
Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 757-5158
Job-line: (254) 757-5255
Fax: (254) 757-5073
New Job Vacancy
DETENTION OFFICER / CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR
Department: Juvenile Probation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Vacancy Number: 15-10-8880-872
Salary Range: $10.00 Per Hr. / No Benefits
Opening Date: October 2, 2015
Closing Date: Until Filled or Closed
No more than 25 Hours Per Week
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide supervision of juveniles, encourage orderly conduct, admit and discharge clients, and complete all necessary paperwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Receives and documents incoming phone calls to the Juvenile Detention Center.
· Receives and documents radio communications from Detention Officers.
· Monitors video cameras for the facility
· Operate a computer based security console to engage and disengage electronic
doors in the facility.
· Be able to communicate effectively with facility staff and remain calm and in
control when speaking with persons in distress.
· Be able to work any shift on any day as assigned
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITES: Must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
· High School diploma or GED is required.
· Applicant must have an acceptable background and the ability to work in harmony with other departmental personnel.
SKILLS ~ EXPERIENCE: Must be able to use a computer keyboard and other related equipment
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Works mostly indoors in a cool and warm environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIREMENTS: Works in a secure correctional environment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Ability to pass a pre-employment physical. Pre-employment and random drug testing is done.
HOURS / SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
· Ability to pass a pre-employment physical. Pre-employment and random drug testing is done.
To be considered interested candidates must submit a McLennan County Employment Application and a resume to the Human Resources Department. Not every applicant will be interviewed. The hiring department will determine which candidates will be selected for an interview.
McLennan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with McLennan County is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. To request a reasonable accommodation or other assistance, contact a Human Resources Representative at 254-757-5158, email@example.com, for the hearing impaired- through RELAY Texas at 1-800-735-2989 or mail your request to the address listed at the top of the page.