Voting by Mail
When to Apply for a Ballot by Mail
Voters may submit an Application for Ballot by Mail beginning January 1st of each year.
NOTE: The last day to apply for ballot by mail (received, not postmarked) for the November 7, 2023 Joint General Election is Friday, October 27, 2023 @ 5 PM.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION FOR BALLOT BY MAIL
Registered McLennan County voters may vote by mail if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Voter is 65 years of age or older on Election Day.
- Voter is disabled or has a sickness that prevents the voter from appearing at the polling place on Election Day without a likelihood of needing personal assistance or injuring the voter's health.
- Voter is expecting to give birth within 3 weeks before or after Election Day.
- Voter will be absent from McLennan County during Early Voting and Election Day. Voter must provide an out-of-county mailing address for the ballot.
- Voter is confined in jail but eligible to vote or Involuntary Civil Commitment.
ANNUAL APPLICATION FOR BALLOT BY MAIL
(Click the link above for a printable version of the Application for Ballot by Mail)
Voters may submit an Application for Ballot by Mail by the following methods:
- In person: A voter may hand deliver only their own application until the deadline for that election.
NOTE: A voter under the "Absent from County" category may NOT hand deliver their application once early voting begins.
- By mail to: Early Voting Clerk, P.O. Box 2450, Waco, Texas 76703
- By email to: [email protected]; or
- By fax to: (254) 757-5041.
NOTE: If you email or fax your application, you must also mail the original and it must be received in our office within 4 business days.
APPLICATION FOR BALLOT BY MAIL RECOMMENDATIONS
- While it is required for applicants to provide in Box 1 of the application either their Texas Driver's License, Texas Personal Identification Number, or Election Identification Certificate Number OR the applicant's last four digits of their Social Security Number, it is recommended that applicants provide BOTH their Identification number AND the last four digits of the Social Security Number.
- In Box 1, while providing an email address or phone number is optional, it is recommended that the applicant provide this information in case the voter needs to be contacted about an issue on their application.
- Checking "Annual Application" in Box 4 on the application ensures that you will receive a mailed ballot for all applicable elections during the calendar year. All annual applications expire on December 31st.
- Applicants who do not qualify to submit an "Annual" ballot-by-mail application may submit an application for a single election starting the first day of the calendar year (January 1) and not later than the 11th day before Election Day. If the 11th day is a weekend or holiday, the deadline is the first preceding business day.
- If you wish to vote in a primary election, you must select a party so we can mail you the correct ballot.
- Tips for Ballot by Mail (.pdf)
- Consejos para la boleta por correo (.pdf)
- Helpful Hints for Mail Ballots (.pdf)
- Ballot by Mail Assistance (.pdf)
Ballot by Mail Tracking