Birth & Death Records
Application for Certified Copy of Birth or Death Certificate
HOSPITAL BIRTH OR DEATH
If a person was born, or died, in a Waco hospital, or at any address within the city limits of Waco Texas, please contact the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District at
254-750-5482 for that record. The McLennan County Clerk's Office WILL NOT have it. The Waco-McLennan County Public Health District is located at 225 W. Waco Drive, Waco, TX 76707.
RURAL BIRTH OR DEATH
If a person was born, or died, at any address OUTSIDE the city limits of Waco, but WITHIN McLennan County, the McLennan County Clerk’s office should have that birth or death record. We may also have birth or death records from the few rural community hospitals that used to operate in McLennan County. Please contact us at 254-757-5188, to verify whether or not a record you're looking for is located in our office. We DO NOT have access to records for births or deaths that occurred outside of McLennan County.
To search available rural McLennan County Birth/Death Index
information online, please visit our Online Record Search.
Criteria for requesting a RURAL Birth/Death Certificate
An applicant for a birth or death certificate copy must meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant must be the individual listed on the certificate, or an immediate family member such as a parent, child, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, legal representative or a properly qualified person of the applicant.
2. The applicant must complete a request form found below under Related Documents. Note, as of September 1, 2015, the applicant's signature must be notarized if requesting by mail.
3. The information required is the same for either a birth or death certificate and is as follows:
- Full Name on birth/death certificate
- Date and place of birth/death
- Father’s full name
- Mother’s full name including maiden name
- Name, address and phone number of the Requester
- Relationship to person on birth/death record
4. Send the completed request form, proper fee, and a photocopy of your identification to:
J.A. "Andy" Harwell
McLennan County Clerk
P.O. Box 1727
Waco, TX 76703
- Birth Certificate Certified Copy Fee is $22 each.
- Death Certificate Certified Copy Fee is $20 plus $3 for each additional copy of same record.
- The fee for certified copies may be paid by check or money order made payable to J.A. "Andy" Harwell, McLennan County Clerk.
Note: Requests without a photocopy of identification will not be processed.