Requirements to File a Plat
The following items are required in order to file a plat with the McLennan County Clerk's office. This is necessary to maintain a consistent historical record of the plats filed in McLennan County.
- Required plat size is 18 inches by 24 inches for 1st page and all consecutive pages, and
- the plat and all supporting documents must be on original mylar sepias (plastic)(rolled), and
- must include the original signature and stamp seal of the surveyor, and
- must include the field notes of the survey, and
- must include the dedication of the subdivision by the owners
(signatures must be followed by notary acknowledgment), and
- must include approval by the proper city and/or county authority, and
- all stamp seals and signatures must be original, and
- blank areas of at least 3/4 inches high by 4-1/2 inches wide somewhere along the top of the plat, and at least 2-1/2 high by 4-1/2 inches wide somewhere along the bottom of the plat, are required for the placement of our recording information, and
- an original Tax Certificate from the McLennan County Tax Office must be presented with the plat indicating that all taxes due on the real property have been paid.
- Filing fee is $32 for the 1st page and $5 for each additional page.
- Full size (18 inches by 24 inches) certified copies are $5 for the certification plus $3 per page. Full size (18 inches by 24 inches) plain copies are $3 per page. Reduced certified copies (11 inches by 17 inches or smaller) are $5 for the certification plus $1 per page. Reduced plain copies (11 inches by 17 inches or smaller) are $1 per page.