What if you are planning to incorporate?
Then the name you incorporate under is filed with the Secretary of State and reserved throughout the state. However, if you would like to be identified by another name as well, you need to file an assumed name certificate with each county in which you plan to operate.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a State Tax ID number?
2. What county do I need to register my business in?
3. What if you are planning to operate as a sole proprietorship or a partnership?
4. What if I plan to do business in multiple counties?
5. What if you are planning to incorporate?
6. Do I have to file an Assumed Name Certificate if I am only to use the name I incorporated under?
7. Can you use your own name?
8. What if your company name is already reserved?
9. How long is the assumed name valid?
10. Who all needs to sign the assume name certificate?
11. How long does it take to get my original document back after it is filed?
12. Can a copy be purchased at time of recording?